Hello and welcome

Every year, my friend and Adam and I rank and review our top 20 studio albums of the year.  To qualify, an album needs to be full-length, studio and released in 2014.  This is my list.

This year, I have also dug out my lists for ‘the early years’, before these started going up online in 2005.  The tradition itself started in 2000, although initially just consisted of a literal list of the top 8 records that year.  These early lists are now online for the first time. Those for 2000-2003 are accessible as a single entry, and the more extensive materials I have found for 2004 have now been given their own (cyber)space.


Anyway, below is my list for 2014.  Each entry has a link to a sample track on YouTube for easy further investigation.  I do hope you enjoy.  Happy Christmas.